Saturday, March 22, 2008

take a look.

I look around me, what do I see ?
Look around you, do you see what I see ?

I see how we have created and shaped this world to our liking.
We have flattened mountains and built ourselves towering houses.
We have created our own way of life,
our own civilised, cultured, life.
We have learnt to soar above the eagles in the sky,
and scoured the depths of the ocean.
We have fished the seas dry out of greed not necessity.
We have laid waste to the land and created our kingdom.
We have industrialised, and left millions to starve.
We have created our own idols;
money, health, wealth, science, fame, popularity,
intelligence, academic achievement, even religion,
and sought after these more fervently than God.

We have put Him in a box, and conveniently tucked it out of sight.
We have broken many hearts, and yet broken one heart again and again.

Who has done these things you ask;
It is I, and it is You.
We have broken His heart via dolorosa.

No comments: