Friday, February 15, 2008

Cogito, ergo sum

i wrote this one a long time ago.. nearly 11 months ago. not sure why i never posted it. it's rather amusing.



"Cogito, ergo sum" (Latin: "I think, therefore I am") or Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum (Latin: "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am") is a philosophical statement used by René Descartes.


on how many planes do we exist ?

“ But I have convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies. Does it now follow that I too do not exist? No: if I convinced myself of something [or thought anything at all] then I certainly existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who is deliberately and constantly deceiving me. In that case I too undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me; and let him deceive me as much as he can, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something. So, after considering everything very thoroughly, I must finally conclude that the proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind. (AT VII 25; CSM II 16–17) ”

ok so maybe most of you probably didnt read that whole chunk up there, you should, it's actually very interesting.
i think ive been told half a million times by quite a number of people that i think too much. is that even possible ? to think TOO MUCH. haha i guess many of you would say that this blog entry is a result from thinking too much.

i maintain my position that it's not possible to ever think too much.


4/7/07

No comments: